The Sherwood Foresters billeted in Harpenden, 1914-1915

A Gallery of photos of WWI military activities in Harpenden from postcards and other sources

Rosemary Ross

Browse this gallery: Next | Previous | Menu
Photo:28.  Men of the 5th Battalion, on the terrace of 'Rosemary', the house Henry Tylston Hodgson had built in 1908, and made available for billeting - 1914-15. It became a hospital from October 1915 to May 1916 when the troops left Harpenden, and again from March 1917 until February 1919, it was an outpost of Napsbury Hospital.

28. Men of the 5th Battalion, on the terrace of 'Rosemary', the house Henry Tylston Hodgson had built in 1908, and made available for billeting - 1914-15. It became a hospital from October 1915 to May 1916 when the troops left Harpenden, and again from March 1917 until February 1919, it was an outpost of Napsbury Hospital.

Michael Briggs - SF4 MB

This page was added by Rosemary Ross on 10/06/2014.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.